Ask a Question
Request more details
yellow gold, a centre stone - tanzanite, diamonds, sapphires, malachite, enamel.
The ring “After the Rain” with gold stripes looking like golden rays of light is made in the style of Jean Henri Dunan and Jean Depres. It has magical shape and content and corresponds to a real place in Altai Krai, the rock ‘After the rain”. A perfect frame of a unique cut of the tanzanite made by the masters of the Lobortas Classic Jewellery House has firm geometric fragments that emphasize perfection of the lines and their round shape. It makes the ring look like a real masterpiece of the XXI century. Based on contrast of matt and shine, additional colors of blue and yellow, exceptionally beautiful ring “After the Rain” is an example of harmony of “algometric aesthetic” Its outer side is encrusted by malachite, sapphire and convex enamel. Unique ergonomic lines bring a feeling of comfort and luxury. Diamonds enframe the composition like sparkling raindrops falling down from leaves of the trees. This unique masterpiece by the Lobortas Classic Jewellery House breathe with art of Venetian painters. Bright colors pulse in it: from juicy color of wet grass in the upper part of the deoration to deep ultramarine of tanzanite which shines with deep green shades like a picture “After the Thunderstorm” by Giorgione.
The secret of this masterpiece by the Lobortas Classic Jewellery House is in an exclusive technical trick - a mirror in he interior part of the ring. It reflects full palette of gemstone`s shades: ruby red and emerald yellow with deep blue main color. Due to exceptional beauty of the gemstone`s cut and complicated technical design it looks like a deep sapphire colored ocean in which the soul can easily drawn. Tanzanite is a trichroic gemstone that shows strong pleochroism. Regular space orientation is the most important aspect and the most complicated problem during the cut because it is necessary to consider light distribution in every direction. Tanzanite is a rare gemstone because its resources are being slowly used up. It makes collectors and connoisseurs of gemstones all around the world try to buy a gem which will become a rarity soon. Besides that tanzanite has become a trendy gemstone. The Lobortas Classic Jewellery House also tries to find non- traditional materials and colors. Tanzanite is a symbol of love and luxury. Tanzanite is being chosen by intelligent and sophisticated ladies all around the world because tanzanite satisfies their sense of good taste, underlines their individuality, femininity and elegance.
Special features of the work:
1. The know-how technique was used – mirror system, consisting of two planes. One plane is strew with diamonds and another mirroring plane is crafted out of polished white gold. The unique design of the Classic House "Lobortas."
2. The central stone of the ring is a tanzanite with the unique feature of optical refraction (scientific term - pleochroism). It requires deep and precise understanding of the nature of the mineral faceting, as depending on the special angle of the edge slopes and their proportions the bright red and green colors reveal, which cannot show after traditional faceting apart from genuine purple and blue. Specialists of the Classic House "Lobortas" select a unique tanzanite faceting technique, which ultimately reveals the features of each precious stone.
3. Unconventional artistic solution and its technical implementation: the green palette is conceived in the convex and concave external sides of the ring. Technically, for achieving this difficult task the following was done: the convex side was encrusted with malachite and the concave side was decorated with classic hot jewellery enamel.
4. According to artistic design the top side of the ring reminds of an eye.
5. The work was named after the unique natural phenomenon, which can be seen in the only location on the planet - near Lake Pleshcheeva city Kleschin (Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia). This phenomenon is composed of special effect, when the stone rock changes its color. It is located in the center of the green area and after the rain changes its brown color to blue. It is noteworthy that tanzanite as a raw stone is brown in color, and only after the thermal processing, it becomes blue. Natural tanzanite. The work is crafted out of the sheet gold, without molding and industrial technologies.
Request more details
Photo by Vladislav Filin